- flax egg, 1 tablespoon flax meal mixed with 3 tablespoons water
- 2 ½ cups (375 g) broccoli floret
- 2 cups (340 g) quinoa, cooked
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ⅓ cup (15 g) nutritional yeast
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup (65 g) all-purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- To make the flax egg, combine the flax meal and water in a small bowl and set aside.
- Over high heat, bring a small pot of water to a boil. Add the broccoli florets and cook for 4-5 minutes, or until tender. Remove with a slotted spoon and transfer to a cutting board.
- Finely chop florets to the consistency of rice.
- Transfer the broccoli to a medium bowl and add the quinoa, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, nutritional yeast, baking powder, flax egg, and flour. Stir well until the ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Use your hands to form bite-sized patties, about 1½-2 tablespoons each.
- Place the bites on a greased baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Serve with ketchup (optional).