This new take on an old one-pot favourite is dairy free! The traditional style that is made with cream can be an issue for many with dietary requirements. We hope this reinvention gives it a place back on your dinner table. This dish calls for a stock made from our bone broth rather than store-bought, so nutritionally this dish packs a real punch!
1 brown onion
400g mushrooms, sliced
3 garlic cloves, sliced
1 tsp sweet paprika
20ml lemon juice
the zest of 1 lemon
a few sprigs of thyme, chopped
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1 tbsp tamari
1 can coconut cream
1/2 tsp nutmeg powder
2 tbsp Beef Bone Broth Powder
1. Lightly dust the beef with tapioca flour, and a little salt and pepper. Shake off excess.
2. Heat a heavy based casserole pan with olive oil, and quickly brown the beef on each side (but not cooked through) to get those flavours going! Remove and set aside.
3. In the same pan, fry the onion and garlic until browned. Set aside.
4. Set aside 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms to fry at the end. Add a little more olive oil to the pan, then fry the rest of the mushrooms and thyme in batches to brown.
5. Deglaze the pan with red wine vinegar.
6. Add the beef, onions, mushrooms (except for the reserved 1/2 cup), garlic, paprika, beef bone broth, tamari and coconut cream to the casserole. Mix through and cover. Reduce the heat to low, and cook for 2-3 minutes or until beef is tender. Ensure the stew doesn’t boil or the coconut cream may split.
7. Add in lemon juice, lemon zest and nutmeg. Season with salt and pepper to taste
8. With the remaining mushrooms, fry in a little olive oil until browned on both sides and serve on top.
Nutra Organics Stocked at BEYOND! To order email email@example.com
Recipe Source: www.nutraorganics.com.au