Who doesn’t love Chicken Stir Fry? Check out this week’s recipe…Chicken, Mushroom, and Broccoli Stir Fry. Enough to make your mouth water. Enjoy!!
- 1 lb (455 g) chicken breast, cubed
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 lb (455 g) broccoli florets
- 8 oz (225 g) mushroom, sliced
- 3 tablespoons oil, for frying
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- ⅓ cup (80 mL) reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 cup (235 mL) chicken broth
- ¼ cup (30 g) flour
- In a large pan on medium-high heat, add 1 tablespoon of oil. Once the oil is hot, add chicken, season with salt and pepper, and sauté until cooked through and browned. Remove cooked chicken from pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, heat 1 tablespoon of oil and add mushrooms. When the mushrooms start to soften, add broccoli florets and stir-fry until the broccoli is tender. Remove cooked mushrooms and broccoli from the pan and set aside.
- Add 1 tablespoon of oil to the pan and sauté garlic and ginger until fragrant. Add the remaining sauce ingredients and stir until smooth.
- Return the chicken and vegetables to the saucy pan, stir until heated through.
- Serve with hot rice or noodles.
Source: Robin Broadfoot