Pilates holds plenty of benefits for men who rise to the challenge—yes, it’s hard.
A Pilates class can help fine-tune your performance in your work and play. How?
Exercises are made up of subtle, concentrated movements that can help you do the following:
1. Develop often neglected muscle groups. Some of your muscles, like those that dominate your daily movements, are stronger than others, and a big part of Pilates is focusing on those muscles that don’t typically get a lot of attention.
2. Improve flexibility. In general, the more muscle mass you have, the less flexible you are. But Pilates’ focus on stretching helps prevent injuries and muscle strains, and increases range of motion.
3. Build core strength. Every Pilates exercise focuses on using your core to power movement in your limbs. Pilates also hits your transverse abdominals, the base ab muscle under your six-pack.
4. Live more consciously. Pilates forces you to pay attention—you’ve got to focus on your breath while working through each movement and concentrating on proper form. After a Pilates session, you’ll feel refreshed and relaxed, which can even carry over into the next day if you’re lucky. MOST importantly you will become more conscious of how you move through your working day and how you can improve
5. Have better sex. Pilates strengthens the core and the pelvic floor, and men who practice it have greater control of this region of the body–need we say more?
Still not convinced that your QUALITY of life will improve?
- Increased flexibility
Pilates uses specific exercises and techniques to increase range of motion in all joints and movements of the body. The structure of the male body is different to women and usually tighter, and Pilates can help make a big difference.
- All-over strength
Pilates offers functional strength, meaning the body must maintain correct posture and muscle patterns while building strength. This brings the often neglected muscles in to work with the more common muscles trained.
- Great abs
Pilates has unique and targeted repertoire for working the abdominals, unmatched by other method. The Pilates apparatus offers ways to work the core on a deep level, and give the real six-pack strength inside and out.
AND HERE IS THE BIG REASON YOU SHOULD EXPERIENCE PILATES
Prevent and repair injuries
Pilates, for all the reasons above, is one of the best ways to prevent injuries from occurring. Doctors and physio’s refer consistently to Pilates for rehabilitation and the results can be astounding.
DONT BE AFRAID BOYS! CALL ME TO TRY IT OUT!